I discover the Label Shin while doing some random searching on bigcartel. I was instantly a fan the moment I laid eyes on the Short sleeve top with exposed shoulder. So I decided I wanted to get to know a little bit more about this label. Here is a quick interview that I did with Shinwon Yoon, the creative mind behind Shin
1. Who are you? Where are you from? Job title? How long have you been running SHIN?
My name is Shinwon.Yoon and I am from Seoul, South Korea. I am a fashion designer and I own and have been running SHIN for 2 years.
2. Where did the idea for SHIN come from?
The idea is simple. To make something that I would wear.
3. Who would you say is the SHIN customer?
Someone that is comfortable expressing themselves and wants something more out of their clothes.
4. What are some of the inspirations that come to you when made the current collection?
5. What can we look forward to seeing in the next collection?
More drapery, soft fabrics yet still tough images of collection.
6. How would you describe your personal style?
Minimalist yet detailed. Black and white.
7. Do you have any personal style icons?
No but usually I love other designer's style.
8. One thing in your closet that you can live without?
9. What are you looking to wearing for this fall season?
Cajmere sweaters and leather jackets, I love layering!
10. What are some of your favorite books, Movies, Artist?
Egon Schiele, Hundertwasser
11. If you could have a dinner party with anyone dead or alive, who would be your guest?
Matthew Barney, a great artist and full of life.
12. Any final words?
Spit Fire round:
Summer or Fall
Paris fashion Week or Berlin Fashion Week
Brunch or Lunch
The City Life or Country
Idealy country life
Dogs or Cat
Bumping Club or Calming Lougne Bar
Lounge bar, though there's none that are calm in NYC
And make sure to check out the offical website Shinnewyork.com for a look at there fall line. And shop at Shin.
Thanks again to Shinwon for the interview.